Northern Hills Federal Credit Union’s field of membership is approved and regulated by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Our current field of membership is:
- Persons who live in, worship in, work in, volunteer in or attend school in the counties of Meade, Butte, Lawrence or Pennington, South Dakota, and members of their immediate family or household.
- Organizations of such persons. This means an organization or organizations composed exclusively of persons who are within the field of membership of this credit union.
Patriot Act Disclosure
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents. We routinely view credit reports.
How do I become a member?
Have you had the credit union experience? In three easy steps, you can unlock the advantages of being a credit union member at Northern Hills Federal. Simply download and fill out the 3-Step Switch Kit or call 605-347-4527 to find out how you can start borrowing smart and saving smart with Northern Hills Federal.
Benefits of membership
Get the credit union experience. Become a member and find out what it’s like to be the focus in your financial planning needs and goals. Credit unions are non-profits, and all of the excess funds come right back to you, our members, through lower rates and dividends.
- Experience lower fees than banks and other financial institutions
- Be empowered by the democratic process as you have a vote in who is elected to manage the credit unions
- Protect your finances with our NCUA Insurance policy
- Experience member-focused service that includes life-changing financial educational resources that can even afford you more financial rewards.